Monday 10 May 2021

Forever

 


 

I remember it all

The tears

The tantrums, it all

Mostly the love and passion

A world away

Like a dream

Just memories

A web of pain

Drives me insane

Fill my brain

With knots

Of love lost

 

I remember it all

Your lips

The look, you gave me, from across the room

When I came home

Love in your eyes

Waiting for you, all night

Waiting for the clang of the bike

The old rusty gate

 

I remember it all

The first night

Look across the room

Our last kiss

The night you told me, you loved me

As we made love

 

I remember it all

Knocking on the door

Walking in the gate at a party

Falling into your lap

The clang of the bike

The old rusty gate

 

I’m scared I will forget

Scared that is all I get

 

Would trade it all

For one more

Summer day, basking in the sun

Immersed in your love

 

Miss your voice and your laugh

Miss our nicknames

Loved you that much

Drove me insane

 

Give it up

Throw it all away

Just for one more day

 

Riding on the bus

Skipping school adventures

Just the two of us

Living each day as our last

All a distant past

 

I remember it all

Your last breathe

The heart breaking pain

The screams of lonely nights

Excruciating loss

Your death

What a mess

The blame

What we became

 

Heaven must need you

I’d give anything

Just one last time

To tell you I love you

To hear the clang of the bike

The old rusty gate

 

You said, only the good die young

Forever

Will be our love

Forever

I will remember it all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dancing with Big Magic

  Let me explain my own personal writing process. Maybe this will inspire you to embrace your own writing process.   When the words come, I ...